Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Treatment Week One

Everyone-

Unfortunately for all of you, I think each time I login, I'll have a few words about things in general before I get to Ret's progress. The real reason for that is, not just because I like to talk, it's because if not daily but possibly every other day one of you or a group of you continues to do something for Ret and I that cements our belief that we are truly blessed to have each of you not only in our lives but with us as we fight this difficult battle. My intent is not to draw attention or praise to any one individual or group it's more to show your generosity and belief that with your support we'll make it through this trying time.

Ok it's the "Girls from the Wood" no not the "hood", but the "wood"..............Stanwood!!
Diana, Kim, Marie, Pam, Pat and Tami got together and made, I don't know a bunch anyway, of frozen dinners for us so that I can spend more time taking care of Ret instead of cooking. I'm not sure if they really did it so I could spend more taking care of Ret as opposed to making sure Ret gets a decent meal. Anyway I'm just trying to make me look good. Oh by the way remember in my last post I said, reading between the lines, and this one not drawing attention to anyone in particular, girls I even put your names in alphabetical, order yes Pam and Pat you too. Man I'm sick!!

Oh yea Lauretta! Week one on medication has been good just a little dizziness in the morning when she gets up. The drowsiness is still there, we're not sure if it's med's or just her body trying so hard to fight the cancer. Her strength is coming back slowly getting up in the morning is easier, she thinks it's the med's I say it's the "Rocket Chair" I'm just still trying to get credit, but I believe she's right it is the med's which is super. All and all the first week has been good and we look forward to each one of them getting better.

Hopefully some of you have had the chance to visit the websites I provided in my last post, they are extremely helpful also they'll provide you some insight into Ret's continued journey.

We love you all.
Ret and Jack

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lauretta and Jack,

    So glad to hear treatments are going well:)About that chair- my sister has had one for several years and it has been a lifesaver for her as well! It's amazing how something as simple as that makes life so much easier. Any thig to ease the pain! Keep smiling and fighting and I'll keep praying...Luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys,

    So glad we could help out on the food -- It was Pam's bright idea. Tami generously donated her seven butt kitchen so we could do our cooking, but we showed up with our food all done and put in containers. Kim wins the prize for her meticulous labels.

    Since we already had all our work done, we decided we might as well open a bottle of wine. After all, it was noon somewhere! (It was actually past noon here, too, but we were trying to be responsible adults.)

    Pam was supposed to snoop in your refrigerator while she was there -- making sure you had fruit, veggies and salad to go with the dinners. So if you caught her nosing around, don't blame her -- she was on a mission.

    Please know that we're thinking about you and praying for you.

    Keep up the good fight.

    Love,

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat-You should know better than to give me such an openning as "seven butt kitchen" & "responsible adults". However because you've made our lives a little easier I'll let it go!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As far as the chair goes dad, if you use it for all of those things at the same time, I'm not sure it would be fast enough getting you up and to the bathroom. And for everyone else...you KNOW dad LOVES to talk! ; ) It was good to hear that mom was back to sleeping in the bed again. Love you both! -Boog

    ReplyDelete